Blankenship Massey & Associates, Attorneys at Law
Call Us Today For A Free Consultation 859-905-0936
View Practice Areas

May 2016 Archives

How is child support enforced in Kentucky?

As a divorced parent in Kentucky, you may have been awarded child support to help you provide and care for your child. If your child’s other parent fails to follow through with his or her obligation, you likely understand the challenges that this may present for you and your child. However, there are a number of options available to the state for the enforcement of these orders. According to the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services, the state’s child support office is able to take enforcement action against noncustodial parents who owe at least the equivalent to one month’s payment amount.

Can my marriage be declared invalid?

If your marriage has not turned out to be all that you thought it would, you could file for a divorce or you may be able to have it declared invalid by a Kentucky court. According to the Kentucky Legislature, it is possible to have the marriage annulled under certain conditions.

Domestic violence allegations can impact child custody cases

Child custody cases in Kentucky can be filled with emotions and they can be even more complex when one parent makes allegations of domestic violence against the other. The Advocates for Human Rights points out that in cases where violence between parents has happened, the abusive parent may be seen by the courts as the more cooperative parent. This is not surprising since any recommendations to share custody would be the abused parent’s worst nightmare.

Support for children in foster care

For many children in Kentucky, their parents are unable to properly care for them. Addiction to alcohol or drugs, financial difficulties and/or abuse are often cited as reasons that children are removed from their birth parents and placed into foster care. This can be a frightening and traumatic time for children as they are moved between different homes or even shuffled between their birth parents and foster care. For some, however, it can lead to adoption by a loving family.

Learn Your Legal Options Before You Make A Decision

For a free consultation, please call 859-905-0936 or fill out the form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us Today

Contact Blankenship Massey & Associates

Erlanger Office Location
504 Erlanger Road
Erlanger, KY 41018

Toll Free: 800-491-9956
Phone: 859-905-0936
Fax: 859-426-9001
Erlanger Law Office Map

Dry Ridge Office Location
20 South Main
Dry Ridge, KY 41035

Toll Free: 800-491-9956
Phone: 859-905-0936
Dry Ridge Law Office Map

BBB Accredited business A+