Blankenship Massey & Associates, Attorneys at Law
Call Us Today For A Free Consultation 859-905-0936
View Practice Areas

June 2016 Archives

Can you move with your child away from the other parent?

One of the freedoms we enjoy in America is the freedom to move from one state to another as we wish. However, what if you are divorced or separated from your child’s other parent, and you decide to move to another state? Can your ex prevent you from moving out of Kentucky?

How can you improve your credit after a divorce?

As we have discussed in a recent post, many people in Kentucky and elsewhere experience financial difficulties after getting a divorce. Whether your problems are short-term or more long-lasting, they can be frustrating and disheartening, to say the least. The sudden loss of income and security when going from a two-adult household to managing your finances on your own can result in such financial issues as bad credit, unpaid bills and bankruptcy.

The other side of amicable divorce

If you are preparing for a divorce, you may have heard or read that an amicable divorce is often best, especially if you have children. Amicable, or uncontested, divorce occurs when both spouses are able to resolve their divorce matters without litigation. At Blankenship Massey & Associates, Attorneys at Law, we know that divorcing amicably can reduce conflict in many cases for Kentucky couples, and that this may be beneficial to children. However, there may be some unforeseen and surprising ramifications to divorcing without conflict, which you should know about so you can address them appropriately.

What is the federal adoption tax credit?

Adopting a child in Kentucky can be one of the most rewarding and selfless things you can do. However, it can also be pretty expensive. The United States federal government makes a tax credit available to help make it easier to bear the costs of bringing a new child into your home.

Learn Your Legal Options Before You Make A Decision

For a free consultation, please call 859-905-0936 or fill out the form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us Today

Contact Blankenship Massey & Associates

Erlanger Office Location
504 Erlanger Road
Erlanger, KY 41018

Toll Free: 800-491-9956
Phone: 859-905-0936
Fax: 859-426-9001
Erlanger Law Office Map

Dry Ridge Office Location
20 South Main
Dry Ridge, KY 41035

Toll Free: 800-491-9956
Phone: 859-905-0936
Dry Ridge Law Office Map

BBB Accredited business A+