Blankenship Massey & Associates, Attorneys at Law
Call Us Today For A Free Consultation 859-905-0936
View Practice Areas

Are your children victims of parental alienation syndrome?

When you divorced you knew that you and your ex would both continue to live in Kentucky and would likely share custody of your children. Once you got the court order in place, you were hopeful that you'd be able to co-parent in a peaceful, somewhat low-stress fashion, understanding that you might encounter minor challenges along the way.

What you never expected was that your ex would systematically and methodically attempt to turn your kids against you. In fact, you're not even sure that's what's happening, but you've noticed suspicious behavior and your children are not acting like their normal selves. It's critical to know your rights and where to seek support if you believe your ex is trying to undermine them.

Problem signs that warrant further investigation

The following list includes issues that are definitely cause for concern if you suspect that your former spouse is trying to turn your children against you:

  • Is your spouse continually breaking your agreement to avoid making negative comments about each other? It might be a sign of parental alienation syndrome.
  • Have your children accused you of things that are untrue but you suspect might have been told to them by your ex? For instance, perhaps they've keep saying that they know you blame them for your divorce.
  • Does your ex keep changing times and other agreed-upon terms regarding pick-up and drop-off for custody exchanges? Parents trying to alienate kids from a co-parent often do this, then lie to their children, telling them their other parent doesn't care enough about them to show up on time.
  • When your children stay with you, do they have an attitude of indifference or anger toward you when this is not their normal disposition?
  • Is your ex isolating your kids from friends or extended family members, in particular, those on your side of the family?

If you think your children are suffering from PAS, the sooner you take action to rectify the situation, the better. You and your ex do not have to agree on every parenting issue; however, no one, including and especially your co-parent, has the right undermine your parental rights. Your ex is legally obligated to adhere to the terms of an existing court order, as well. Reaching out for experienced legal support is often the best means for swiftly resolving parental alienation problems.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Learn Your Legal Options Before You Make A Decision

For a free consultation, please call 859-905-0936 or fill out the form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us Today

Contact Blankenship Massey & Associates

Erlanger Office Location
504 Erlanger Road
Erlanger, KY 41018

Toll Free: 800-491-9956
Phone: 859-905-0936
Fax: 859-426-9001
Erlanger Law Office Map

Dry Ridge Office Location
20 South Main
Dry Ridge, KY 41035

Toll Free: 800-491-9956
Phone: 859-905-0936
Dry Ridge Law Office Map

BBB Accredited business A+