Protecting Our Clients’ Rights In Common And Complex Bankruptcies
Being in serious debt can be incredibly stressful. Being harassed by creditors is exasperating. Feeling powerless to fix a financial problem is demoralizing. Seeing the negative impact of debt on your family can be difficult. Federal law, rooted in the United States Constitution, provides protection to individuals and businesses saddled with debts they cannot afford to pay off. Through federal bankruptcy court, you may be able to deal with problem debt in a decisive way.
At the northern Kentucky law firm of Blankenship Massey & Associates, we have handled a wide variety of bankruptcy cases over the past two decades. Attorneys with the firm have provided representation in complex bankruptcy matters, including adversarial complaints. As your law firm, we will make sure you clearly understand your rights, options and responsibilities with regard to:
- Discharging unsecured debts
- Concerns about foreclosure and vehicle repossession
- Bankruptcy and divorce
- Bankruptcy and your credit
- Possible alternatives to declaring bankruptcy
- Your business
Understanding Bankruptcy In Kentucky
It can feel daunting to consider the many administrative steps in filing bankruptcy. While every bankruptcy case is unique, everyone must follow the same following steps:
- First, you will file a two-page petition for bankruptcy with your district court. This must also include several documents detailing the current state of your finances.
- After you file your paperwork, the court will enact an automatic stay. This prevents your creditors from harassing you about your debts. The stay also halts any foreclosure actions.
- Then, you will meet with your bankruptcy trustee and your creditors. If you are filing Chapter 7, you will discuss liquidating your nonexempt assets. If you are filing Chapter 13, you will discuss your repayment plan. In this meeting, it is wise to have an attorney with you to advocate for your best interests.
- You must also take mandatory financial education courses before receiving your debt discharge.
- Finally, the court will discharge your eligible debts.
Blankenship Massey & Associates, Attorneys at Law, can guide you through Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, handling the legal burden and explaining the process in plain English along the way.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation | Explore Your Options
Contact Blankenship Massey & Associates Attorneys at Law in Erlanger, Kentucky, to talk to an experienced bankruptcy lawyer about your debt relief options. If bankruptcy is right for you, we can help you use it to improve your financial situation. To get your free consultation, call us at 859-905-0936 or toll-free at 800-491-9956. To reach us online, simply send the firm an email.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.