Get Answers To Your Family Law Questions

Family law matters can involve difficult laws and complicated issues. At Blankenship Massey & Associates, we can help you do what’s best for you and your future in relation to your family.

If you have questions about your divorce, separation or other family law matters, we can help. You can reach our firm in either Erlanger or Dry Ridge by calling 859-905-0936 or sending us a message today.

I Was A Stay-At-Home Parent. How Can I Support Myself After A Divorce?

Kentucky is an equitable distribution of property state, which dictates that assets will be divided equitably, but not necessarily equally. Depending on your situation, you may be allocated enough resources to support yourself until you find a job or get training for a new position or to help you find work. You may also be awarded spousal support, either permanently or until you find a new position.

A divorce attorney can help you advocate for your future and get the resources you need to start the next chapter of your life.

What Happens If The Custodial Parent Wants To Move?

Depending on your situation, your child custody or parenting time plan may need to be altered and approved by the court. Life goes on after a divorce and sometimes a move is unpreventable. A judge will evaluate the validity of the move and may modify your court order if they determine that it’s in the best interest of the child. If you or your former partner wants to move, the attorneys at Blankenship Massey & Associates can help you advocate for your family.

I Lost My Job And Can’t Pay The Same Amount Of Child Support. What Should I Do?

Not paying child support could lead to serious consequences and penalties, so if you’re afraid you won’t be able to pay, contact an attorney immediately. A lawyer can help you apply for a change to your child support agreement so you’re paying what you can afford.

When Is A QDRO Necessary?

If you and your spouse have been together for many years and you share retirement assets or investments, you may need a QDRO. A qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) acknowledges retirement or pension plans as a marital asset and divides ownership between both parties. It is usually awarded by a judge and may include employer-provided retirement plans such as a 401(k), 403(b), ownership of stocks and other benefits.