Have You Been Injured As A Pedestrian?
More than 6,500 pedestrians were killed in the United States in 2019, according to the Governors Highway Safety Association. It was the highest number in more than 30 years.
The same report pointed to several apparent risk factors feeding into the increase in previous years, including:
- Time and location, often on local roads, after dark and away from crosswalks
- Distracted driving and other unsafe driving practices
- A heightened likelihood of death when the vehicle involved is an SUV, as opposed to a regular passenger car
In addition to fatalities, many thousands of pedestrians are injured every year. Common injuries in pedestrian accidents include the following, according to a report from the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
- Head trauma
- Leg and pelvis injuries
- Knee injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Whatever the circumstances of your pedestrian accident and whatever the nature of your or your loved one’s injuries, this medical emergency also triggers legal issues.
Who was responsible and where will compensation for the injured come from? How will compensation be calculated? Get answers to these and other questions about your pedestrian accident in Kentucky. Contact Blankenship Massey & Associates Attorneys at Law to request a free consultation with an attorney.
Special Considerations Regarding Pedestrian Accidents
Several things to know about pedestrian accidents include:
- Accidents involving children, joggers and people walking at night along highways are common.
- Hit-and-run accidents are common. Drivers sometimes claim they were unaware that they had struck a person.
- Pedestrian injuries often involve other causes besides motor vehicles, such as roadway defects, environmental hazards, assaults and animal attacks.
Rest assured that at Blankenship Massey & Associates Attorneys at Law, every client is seen as unique individual suffering as a result of unique circumstances. We pride ourselves on personalized service, courtesy and responsiveness in our personal injury practice. We are here to help you recover the compensation that you need and deserve no matter how you were injured or who is responsible.
Reach Our Law Offices By Phone Or Email
Request a free consultation at your convenience. We represent injured pedestrians and their families on a contingency basis. Get in touch with us to schedule a consultation by calling 859-905-0936 or completing our online inquiry form.